This course is eligible for funding support, meaning up to 100% of your fees could be covered depending on your circumstances. Get in touch to discover what is available for you.
CACHE Level 1 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children's and Young People's Settings (QCF)
£ POA + VAT
schedule 1 Year
What do the qualifications cover?
They cover the roles played by workers – from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others. In the Certificate and Diploma there are options to take units in more specialised areas such as learning disability, sensory loss or mental health.
The qualifications are aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them.
- To help learners gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
- Help learners to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
- Provide opportunities for the development of transferable skills
- Support progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children’s settings
- Provide learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.
Who are they suitable for?
Anyone considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or children and young people.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 14 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.
How many credits are required to complete them?
The Award requires 10 credits, the Certiﬁcate requires 25 and the Diploma requires 37.
How are they assessed?
They will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks such as designing charts or leaﬂets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
Do you need to be working to take the qualifications?
No, as these are knowledge only qualiﬁcations.
How long do they take to complete?
You can usually complete them in a year or less.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
The Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care, the Level 2 Certiﬁcate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce or the Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education & Care.