important_devices Study Online
This course along with over 150 others is available online, for only £2 per team member, per month!Learn More
Observation, Assessment and Planning
£ 400 + VAT
schedule 5-6 Hours
Duration: 5-6 Hours
Max 20 Persons
Observation is central to all that we do for children; we use it to assess their development and find out their interests. This allows for challenging activities to be provided for the children to progress their learning and development.
This course is designed to recap the curricular guidance to show how it influences the way in which you observe and assess the children’s development. The course will also give some best practice pointers on how to plan for children’s development.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate what the Pre-Birth to Three National Guidance and Curriculum for Excellence are
- Distinguish between different learning styles and understand how to support these
- Explain Hart’s Ladder of Participation and its implications for your practice
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of good observation
- Identify different techniques for observation and assessment
- Explain what the best practice points are when it comes to planning.